[amazon_image id=”B003HS4UDA” link=”true” target=”_blank” size=”medium” ]Is it Weird in Here or is it Just Me? A Real-time and First-hand Account of Depression for Families, Friends and Carers[/amazon_image]
What are the signs and symptoms of depression? People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. The severity, frequency, and duration of symptoms vary depending on the individual and his or her particular illness.
Signs and symptoms of depression include:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings
- Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Irritability, restlessness Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
- Overeating, or appetite loss
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
- Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment.
If you have quite a few of the following signs and symptoms of depression, you should consider getting professional help:
- You can’t sleep, you sleep too much, you feel you have to sleep during the day, or even if you wake up… you can’t pull yourself out of bed
- You can’t concentrate and focus or you find that previously easy tasks very difficult to do now
- You feel out of control, hopeless and helpless
- You can’t control your circular, negative and persisting thoughts, no matter how much you try
- You have excessively lost or gained weight because you have lost your appetite or you can’t stop eating
- You are much more frustrated, irritable, short-tempered, angry or aggressive than usual
- You are using drugs, over eating or consuming more alcohol than normal or engaging in other very reckless and dangerous behavior
- You have thoughts that things never go the way you want them to and that life is not worth living
Look out for more posting on Signs and Symptoms of Depression specifically in regards to solutions and treatment.
[amazon_image id=”0738213888″ link=”true” target=”_blank” size=”medium” ]The Depression Cure: The 6-Step Program to Beat Depression without Drugs[/amazon_image]
[amazon_image id=”0316043419″ link=”true” target=”_blank” size=”medium” ]Undoing Depression: What Therapy Doesn’t Teach You and Medication Can’t Give You[/amazon_image]